Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Sixth Day of Christmas

On the Sixth Day of Christmas PDR gave to Kimberly:

Silver Tusk Terrarium Necklace by With Roots
Wear a little piece of mother nature around your neck.  With Roots creates beautiful necklaces, ornaments, and other mini terrariums that combine nature with fashion. Sharon from With Roots has been a busy girl, but she was kind enough to take some time to answer our interview questions below:

Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's the name of your shop?
I am from New Jersey, been living in NY for 9 years with a brief hiatus to San Francisco for bit. My shop is called With Roots.

What made you decide to begin making jewelry? When did you get started?
I was making regular terrariums for a friend's birthday last year.  He loved them so much he told me he wished he could wear them, so I did some research and made it happen! 

Do you have any materials that you'd say are your favorite to work with?
I love working with all plants.  I like figuring out which plants will work best in what environment.  I'd also love to start studying glass blowing so I can make more custom pieces.

Where do you draw inspiration from?
I draw my inspiration from so much!  When I'm not making jewelry I support myself with photography.  So, I love looking at the way light hits objects and interacts with them.  I love seeing the sunshine hit one of my necklaces because I know it's combining nature and style. 

Do you have any advice for others that are looking to make a business out of selling their work?
Go for it!  I started out just making these for a few friends and through their support I've just gone for it and have been getting such a positive response.  I love it!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate cookie. 

Congratulations to Kimberly and many many thanks to Sharon from With Roots for her lovely contribution  to our giveaway.  Didn't win today but really want one of these?  No worries, just visit her website to order your own With Roots mini terrarium necklace!

XOXO
Jen & Saira

No comments:

Post a Comment